Card Authentication Package
Document security is critical to protecting sensitive business information, and essential to maintaining a competitive edge, regulatory compliance and productivity. Our Card Authentication Package (CAP) leverages leading card reading technology to control users’ access to standard Ricoh MFP print, scan, copy and fax functions.
By controlling access to Ricoh MFP functions, CAP prevents sensitive documents from being viewed, copied or sent by unauthorised users. The use of card authentication also eliminates the need for passwords and PIN entry that could be disclosed.
- Features & benefits
Secure access and distribution
In addition to improving overall security, our Card Authentication Package improves efficiency by enabling job logging and the tracking of confidential documents.
Ricoh's Card Authentication Package (CAP) can integrate seamlessly with your existing ID card security system. The simple ‘swipe-and-go’ authentication is fast and secure, eliminating the need for users to remember additional login names and passwords.
Costs can be controlled by limiting access to Copy, Print, Fax Scan and Document Server functions using the ID Cards. Ricoh MFP usage by volume and colour can also be monitored to enable informed decisions to reduce document output costs.
Ricoh's Card Authentication Package is available as an embedded solution suitable for up to 500 users and an enterprise-level Server version for larger companies, so everyone can now afford to strengthen their document security.
The Card Authentication Package CAP can be used with GlobalScan NX to provide more security when scanning.
Card Authentication Package
Supported ID Card Type:
- Proximity Card
- Mifare Card
- Java Card
Supported network authentication type:
Supported authentication server
LDAP server supported by LDAP v3
Account Log Compatibility
SmartDeviceMonitor for Admin
Job Log Compatibility
Access Log Compatibility
Supported functions for authorization control
- Copy: Access to function, B/W, Full Colour, Two Colour, Single Colour: Limit to Auto Colour, Full Colour/Auto Colour
- Printer: Access to function, B/W, Colour
- Scanner: Access to function
- Fax: Access to function
- Additional Application: Access to function
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32bit)
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® (32bit)
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium Edition (32bit-64bit)
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2003 and R2 (32bit)
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 and R2 (64bit)
NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Card Authentication Package Enterprise Server
Maximum Number of Users
Supported Authorization Table
- User Access Limitation configured in the Server Group
- User Access Limitation configured in the Server with Windows Authentication
Server Specification Requirements:
- CPU Minimum: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or higher
- CPU Recommended: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz or higher
- Memory: 1 GB or higher
- HDD: 600 MB or higher for software
- Data area: 1 GB or higher for data
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2003 Standard/Enterprise Edition (32bit)
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2003 R2 Standard/Enterprise Edition (32bit)
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 Standard/Enterprise Edition (32bit)
Database Management System
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2005 Standard/Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 Standard/Enterprise Edition (32bit)